Quicksilver Scientific’s sophisticated detoxification supplement, IMD Intestinal Cleanse optimizes the natural removal of metals through the intestines.
This proprietary compound supplements the natural action of glutathione in the intestines. IMD delivers insoluble thiol groups to bind and remove heavy metals accumulated in the intestines and to directly quench freeradicals. IMD’s actions enhance Phase III Detoxification—the system of transporters leading out of the body.
IMD (Intestinal Metals Detox) is a proprietary product that consists of highly purified silica with covalently attached thiolic metal-binding groups. Both the silica base and the binding agents are GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) for use in food. The specific chemistry of the compound has several benefits over other detoxification remedies, specifically heavy metal detox.
- Binds mercury and other heavy metals in the intestines and escorts these harmful contaminants out of the body.
- Intercepts methylmercury and other metals trapped in enterohepatic circulation. Facilitates heavy metal detox, binding and removing intestinal heavy metals.
- Leads to lowering of blood mercury levels, allowing organ- and tissue-bound mercury safely to drain into the blood at a natural rate.
- Improves the body’s natural detoxification ability by quenching free radicals and stopping metal-catalyzed freeradical reactions that can lead to inflammation and cause down-regulation of detox transporters (Phase III transporters—OATs, cMOAT, MRPs, etc).1
- Fortifies the link between the intestines and the immune system.